A simplistic approach to Search Engine Optimization usually means troubles, or rather, a total waste of money. Here is my list of top ten of ways to detect that the people sitting before you might not be a serious partner to make your internet business grow.
1. Here is your “Top 50” “Top 100” or “Guarantee positioning” package. There is not any way of predicting which position any given site can reach on any online search engine for just about any keyword. The specific ranking of a website is a purpose of a number of ever-changing interactions that are not at the disposal of the search engine agency. Besides the engines themselves periodically changing their ranking logics, within this very second there are hundreds of websites and check engine agencies working hard to boost their positioning for the keyword “London hotel”. How can you honestly make sure you will rank on the top of those?
And moreover… who cares? The job of any given keyword will not be the objective of any SEO activity. Nor it really is a parameter to measure your online success. The number of top rankings for over-inflated keywords is not likely to affect your EBITBA. Conversions and CPA are.
A serious online search engine agency will rather get committed on the quantity superiority traffic (conversions!), as well as bring you tangible sales leads (and must be able to provide you with more clever advices then just attempt to get your traffic from the same old 50 obvious keywords).
2. We don’t do doorway pages. They are “landing pages”. BMW used to think it didn’t make much difference. Then, its website completely disappeared from Google. Search engine listings can discriminate between proper landing pages and spamming, and can ban you in a second, making your investments increase in smoke. Make sure landing pages are what they must be, an informative landing environment which can be fully integrated in your navigation and content structure.
3. SEO is just about throwing in in certain meta tags. Meaning:”We all do possess a feeling that there are other key factors…off-the page elements including blogs, social bookmarking, press releases, viral content, advanced link popularity and link bait are just as important as meta tags for search engines, but actually, we haven’t got a clue of how to do that stuff.”
4. It’s OK to enjoy 95% of the online budget on pay-per-click. Meaning:”Getting you your fair share of traffic from SEO might take a bit more effort on our side and that we usually do not really care regarding your distribution costs”.
5. PPC is a lot more controllable than SEO. Meaning:”Achieving and tracking SEO results seems kind of hard, let’s carry out some ppc advertising instead”.
6. We guarantee you obtain ranked in 15 days. Option 1:”No, not in Google really, just in 20.000 obscure search engines.”
Option 2: “We will get you a top position in the search engines for ‘design luxury yet budget accommodation providers in the tundra’ (with exact phrase match)”.
7. We just concentrate on search engines like google. Meaning: “What happens each time a user arrives to your site is not our business and that we don’t understand much about usability or what it takes to create a booking on the travel website”.
8. Yeah, we have been an online agency and can do the search engine to suit your needs. Sounds like: “I’ve been plumber for that last 3 decades, but I will fix along with your electrical system for many extra revenue”.
9. You don’t need to do any work on your website. Meaning:”Deleting that annoying flash intro page would destroy an individual experience. And adding some interesting content is not necessary. Not that many individuals really use search engines like google rivfiz book their travel anyway”.